For those who don’t know, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they post a new theme and everyone is invited to join in!
Today’s Theme: Ten Resolutions I have for 2016
I’ve already written a 2016 Goals & Challenges post, but here a few more bookish things to round out my Top Ten.
- Complete my Goodreads Challenge of 100 books.
- Work through the PopSugar reading challenge to see how many items I can check off (without beating myself up trying to finish it)!
Specific TBR goals:
- Catch up on the Throne of Glass series because it’s about time!
- Finish the Poison Study trilogy because Magic Study has been on my TBR for ages, and I know I’m going to love it.
- Finish the Parasol Protectorate series because I can’t let my frustrations with one character get in the way of my enjoyment of the rest.
Other bookish resolutions:
- Keep track of my re-reads – I’m meticulous about tracking new books on Goodreads, but I don’t have a good way to track my re-reads. I’d really like to do a better job of that this year, but I’m not sure of the best way to do it. I’d LOVE some suggestions!
- Turn boring chore time into relaxing book time through my library’s digital audio book collection – There are tons of books on my TBR list that I want to read despite the fact that they never make it to the top of the list. I think audio books are the perfect solution because they’re a great backdrop for cooking or folding laundry.
- Read some new male authors – The majority of authors I read are women, and I’d love to read more male authors to balance the scales a little bit. If you have some favorites to suggest, let me know in the comments!
- Don’t buy unread books if they are available through the library – Since I’m reading so much, I need to cut back on some costs. One good way is to refrain from buying anything unless I already know I’m going to get a ton of re-read value out of it.
- Don’t fret about reading slumps or needing to take a break from a book – I’m usually pretty good about this, and I’d like to keep it up this year, too. Reading slumps happen, and sometimes you just need to set a book down for a while. The last thing I want is for reading to become a burden!
That’s pretty much it for my bookish resolutions this year. What are you resolving for the new year? Link your TTT in the comments!