Thank you so much to Chanice at Inside the Mind of a Bibliophile for nominating me for a Liebster Award! For those who don’t know, the Liebster is an award designed to recognize awesome young blogs, bring fellow bloggers together, and spread the love. It’s an honor to be a part of 🙂
Without further ado, here are the rules:
Questions from Inside the Mind of a Bibliophile:
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Definitely getting feedback and opinions in comments! I love reading about what others liked or disliked about a book, especially if it’s one I haven’t read yet.
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life which one would it be and why?
That’s a really hard one! Probably The Kraken King by Meljean Brook because I absolutey LOVED it and it’s nice and long 🙂
3. What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading?
I’m more of a beverage drinker than snacker while reading, my drink of choice usually being tea. It’s just too easy to get schmutz all over my book or Kindle while snacking.
4. If you could be one fictional character for a day, who would you choose?
I think it would be really awesome to be Kate Mercier from the Revenants series for a day. Who wouldn’t want to live in Paris, kick butt, and save lives?? Vincent’s not too bad, either 😉
5. What is your least favorite genre and why?
Probably horror. I’m really not a fan. I mean, there’s already so much real horror in the world…
6. What is your favorite contemporary novel?
Most of my favorite books fall under the paranormal umbrella, but there are a lot of great contemporary books, too. My favorite so far this year has to be Anna and the French Kiss! I feel silly for having waited so long to read it!
7. Who is your favorite book blogger?
Way too hard to pick one! Aside from reading the blogs of some of my favorite authors (Jeaniene Frost, Amy Plum, and Laura Kaye, to name a few), I LOVE reading reviews and updates from other book bloggers. A couple that I especially like are Book Owly, Romance 4 the Beach, and Caroline Peckham.
8. Has a book ever changed your life or your perspective on certain things? If so, which book?
There have been a lot of books that changed my outlook in small but profound ways over the years. A few of these are: Riveted by Meljean Brook (Adult Steampunk), Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (YA Paranormal), and Speak, Memory by Vladimir Nabokov (Memoir).
9. How many books have you read this year and how close are you to your yearly reading challenge goal?
So far I’ve read 94 books this year with a page count of over 31,000 (courtesy of Goodreads stats). My goal was originally 125 but if I keep this pace up, I’m pretty sure I’ll surpass 150!
10. What is your favorite book that you’ve read in 2015 so far?
I’ve got two, one YA and one adult. YA: After the End by Amy Plum, Adult: The Kraken King by Meljean Brook!
11. What is the worst book you’ve ever read?
I remember hating a lot of the books I had to read in school, but I’m going to pick out my least favorite book read this year. For that I have to pick The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter. A one-star rating from me…
Eleven random facts about me:
- I used to hate the idea of e-readers, but now I do almost all of my reading on one.
- My non-bookish time is spent as a pre-vet student.
- I love proof-reading other people’s work (strange, I know…)
- I always eat a few pieces of candy 30 minutes before an exam! Glucose loading 😉
- I never watched much TV until I saw Gilmore Girls for the first time.
- I love computer programming.
- I use my Kindle as the ultimate motivator to go to the gym – it’s not elliptical time, it’s extra reading time!
- I have two goofball dogs.
- Scotch is my alcohol of choice.
- Tea is my non-alcohol of choice.
- Spicy popcorn is my movie snack of choice, but it’s not allowed within 10 feet of any books!
My Nominations (not quite 11, but still a great bunch of bloggers!):
Eleven Questions for my nominees:
- What are the top three books on your TBR pile?
- When is your favorite time to read?
- What is your favorite type of vacation book?
- If you could be close friends with any author, who would it be?
- What is your favorite book read in 2015?
- What is your least favorite book read in 2015?
- Standalone, trilogy, or longer series?
- Which book are you always recommending to others?
- Which book or series really got you hooked on reading?
- If you had to set one bookish goal for yourself, what would it be?
- Why did you start blogging?
Thank you again to Chanice for nominating me, and happy blog discovery, everyone!